Futurelearn’s latest blended learning course is produced in collaboration with UCL. The three-week course aims to support teachers to develop their own innovations in teaching and learning online and explores a range of digital tools and resources available for blended and remote learning. You’ll also learn about the Conversational Framework concept; the notion that the teaching-learning process is an interactive exchange of concepts and practice, using the ideas of social construction and collaborative learning. The Learning Designer will allow you to make use of this framework in your planning.
- The nature of learning design in the context of blended and online learning
- The Conversational Framework as a tool for thinking about learning design and assessment
- Digital tools and resources, and how to optimise your learning management system for your students
- The Learning Designer tool and its uses for borrowing, planning, creating and sharing design ideas with other teachers, across and within subject areas
- Learning designs and types of formative assessment for blended and online learning to achieve different types of learning outcome
- Implementing online learning across your institution
The course makes use of the UCL Learning Designer tool and all the software required for the course is free and open to all.