This is a recording of a live session facilitated by CLC educators Peter Lillington and Rowan Roberts on Wednesday 3rd November 2021. The facilitators worked with a group of primary teachers to explore the ways in which they were continuing to use technology to support maths in a blended setting. Teachers shared examples from their own practice, and took part in facilitated activities making use of a range of tools, including Scratch programming and Padlet collaboration. They also explored Empower2Learn, an online toolkit defining and supporting the use of technology to support personalisation in teaching, with some examples of how these approaches might apply to maths.
- 00:10 Introductory session from Peter Lillington in which participants share their plans for Maths Week using Adobe Spark Video and Padlet
- 10:11 Session overview
- 11:23 Examples from participants past and present
- 17:24 Using Jamboard to discuss the challenges and issues currently facing maths leads
- 21:04 Supporting maths with Scratch and programming
- 53:35 Introducing Empower2Learn and Mentimeter discussion the phrase ‘Personalised Learning’.
- 57:53 Exploring the Empower2Learn concept map; defining the different forms of personalisation, including GeoGebra example