This live session was facilitated by CLC educators Peter Lillington and Sarah Horrocks and recorded on Tuesday 19th October 2021. The facilitators worked with a group of primary MFL leads to explore the ways in which they were continuing to use technology to support languages in a blended setting. The teachers shared examples from their own practice, and took part in facilitated activities making use of a range of tools, including filmmaking in Adobe Spark Video, ideation in Mentimeter and collaboration in Jamboard. The session also introduced Empower2Learn, an online toolkit created as part of an Erasmus project aimed at defining and supporting the use of technology to support personalisation in teaching, with some examples of how these approaches might apply to languages.
- 00:07 Introduction from Sarah Horrocks
- 01:10 Filmmaking starter activity from Peter Lillington using Adobe Spark Video
- 07:35 Session overview
- 11:23 Sharing what’s working well with Jamboard
- 20:34 Discussion of the challenged facing MFL leads
- 28:42 Introducing Empower2Learn and Mentimeter discussion of the phrase ‘Personalised Learning’.
- 36:32 Exploring the Empower2Learn concept map; defining the different forms of personalisation and trying out some examples
- 57:00 Ancient language resources
- 58:48 Language awareness and cross-curricular ideas