Working with external experts such as academics, industry experts, cultural partners and technologists can support and enhance your students’ learning experience. The increased use of video conferencing during that last year has made access to professionals significantly easier. But knowing how to find, approach and collaborate with experts for the most valuable outcomes can be tricky.
Farida Danmeri is the CEO and founder of Learning Connected (https://www.learning-connected.org/), a global platform for educators to connect and share knowledge. It offers a diverse programme of engagement between makers, students, academia and industry experts. Farida’s own career has taken her from conservation to tech via criminal justice policy and teaching – so she knows the benefits first-hand of drawing on a wide range of perspectives!
In this recording of a live webinar, Farida shares her insights into how educators can best connect and collaborate with external experts. This session is part of BlendEd’s ‘in conversation with…’ series where we speak to experts in the field of education and blended learning. Find out more about upcoming sessions here: https://blendedlearning.org.uk/online-learning/
Farida’s suggested resources:
- Coggle: https://coggle.it/
- CEC resource directory: https://resources.careersandenterprise.co.uk/
- Youth Employment UK: https://www.youthemployment.org.uk/
- STEM learning careers: https://www.stem.org.uk/stem-careers
- Design Thinking for Educators toolkits: https://www.ideo.com/post/design-thinking-for-educators